The Colonial Candlemaker

Hello!  I am the candle maker.  I dip candles and sometimes sell them.  I keep most of my candles.

To make my candles, I pick wax berries.  The wax berries are very waxy. Take the wax off of the berries.  Put the wax into the cauldron. Let it sit for ten minutes. Then dip the wicks into the wax.  

You should have twenty-five wicks and five sticks with five wicks on each stick.  Dip one stick at a time until all five have been dipped. Repeat for about three hours.  They should be thick enough by then.

Once they are cool, cut the wick that combines the two candles and flatten the bottom of the candle by cutting with a knife.  The candles should be done now.

2 thoughts on “The Colonial Candlemaker

1. Is it fun to make candles? I’ve never made a candle before but I might try someday. How do you make the different scents for the candles?

2. Hi Adelle,
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I have made candles before and it is definitely a fun process. However, I have never made different scents for candles and might try that someday. I really enjoyed your detailed writing and your photos definitely added to your blog post.

Best,
    Miriam (commenter)